Friday 27 June 2014

My role

So I thought I'd do a post about my job role whilst in the program.

I am working in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Downtown Disney. There are two roles in the boutique, you either do the transformations or are on cash wrap, which is me!

I am on cash wrap, so either work on the register (that's the till to you and me, I'm still trying to get used to all these american words!) or in the stock room. 

I have mostly worked on the register. This involves putting together the tote (bag) for the princess's full of stuff to take home with them from their transformation. I then put the package through the register and take the payment.

There are 4 packages to chose from, one package includes the hair and make up, another includes hair make up and nails. The big packaging includes: hair, make up, nails, costume, wand, crown and professional photos graphs taken by a photographer to take home! Lastly the finally package is hair, makeup nails, BBB top and tutu. Within the package there are 4 different hairstyles that the princesses can choose from, ranging from one that looks like a bun with a cute tiara to a colourful up do with fake coloured hair! All the styles look great!

The princess gets to take home the make up pallet (including eye shadow, 'lipstick' and 'blusher') their nail varnish plus one extra depending on the package and the comb that the FGIT used. 

When there are no guests to serve we have to look busy so we prepare the nail varnishes by wrapping in tissue and putting in boxes or prepare the totes and other useful jobs like that! 

Seeing the princessss faces when they look in the mirror after the transformation is enough to cheer anyone up! That's the highlight of the job! The little girls really do look and feel like princesses and we sure do treat them like royalty! :) 

There is also a knight package for Prince Charming which is pretty cool!

More info here :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment