Thursday 12 June 2014

From London to Orlando

Monday June 9th

After a hectic last day at work it was straight home and straight to the airport. There was no time to get upset as the day went so quick (although I did have a little tear on the train home!). What an amazing year I have had, the best placement ever! And a beautiful send off, with lovely gifts from my team and the most amazing card drawn by my colleague - thank you all!



Virgin Atlantic operate 'twilight check in' where if you have an early morning flight you can check your bags in the night before, this is cool system as saves you time the next morning! I checked my bag in, and then had to take it to a special places for oversized luggage (oooopsiees!).

There were no where in the airport to eat dinner so the fam and I headed to the MacDonalds close by to south terminal for a last dinner! It was then straight to the travellodge, we said our goodbyes and I headed by myself to my room! The room was massive and weird, straight to bed for me!

Tuesday June 10th

I woke up at 5 am because my neighbour decided it would be a good idea to have a shower, the walls were paper thin! I then headed down for a lonesome breakfast which was disgusting so I just ate toast :(

I then headed to the airport to meet my fellow Disney friends! I met some lovely girls and we spent the time in the departure lounge chatting and getting to know each other! The flight was delayed by an hour, so at 12 we were on our way to Orlando!




We landed at 15.47 and headed straight to immigration where we were interviewed, had finger prints taken and photo taken. We picked up our bags and headed for a taxi to take us to the Vista Way Welcome centre! A massive storm broke out, it was like being back in England although it was still boiling hot! We were welcomed by a very friendly lady called Karen who had worked for the company for 40 years!! We found out our accommodation, I was given Patterson Court which was my third choice!
We had a quick welcome talk and were given out itinerary for the next couple of days before getting on the bus to Patterson!

We walked up to our apartment and what a surprise Amy from uni opened the door! We had not requested to live with each other and what a coincidence had been placed together! I am living in an apartment with 5 other girls and sharing a room with Chelsea! Could not be happier with where I am staying! :)







It was 8pm but our body clocks thought it was 1am, however we had to go to Walmart to get bedding etc, I needed a pillow as that didn't fit in my rucksack! 5 sleepy girls got on the bus to Walmart and bought the essentials and some breakfast! We finally got home at 12, which was 5am for us! I had been up for 24 hours!!

Wednesday June 11th

I woke up at 7am and couldn't get back to sleep! Me and Chelsea took a trip to Orlando Premium Outlets, first stop Forever 21! And I bought some beauts trainers from Nike which were a complete bargain $80 to $30 as they put the wrong price sticker on them, wahoo!! A pic of them is on Instagram!! 


We then went to a housing meeting, which was all about the rules for the accommodation and safety and that!


We then chilled in the apartment before getting ready to head out to Downtown Disney for dinner! We went to some pizza place and then visited Candy Couldron which had the coolest chocolate apples! 






That's all for now :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment